Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"You Don't Have to Have a Lump to Have Breast Cancer"

A dear friend died yesterday.  I call her a "dear friend" even though I only even knew about her for 3 days.  I never met her in real life and now I never will.  I usually make it a rule to not read books or blogs about breast cancer by other people because I don't want their thoughts to somehow become my thoughts accidentally.  Plus, it's usually so depressing to read what people have written.

I've made an exception in this case and now I must know this woman - I must read her words - to honor her.

Susan was only 34 when she was diagnosed with Inflammatory Breast Cancer in 2007.  It is the rarest type of breast cancer but also the most deadly.  And it's a type of cancer that presents WITHOUT a lump!

Please read her post about Inflammatory Breast Cancer here and be aware of the symptoms to watch for:

http://toddlerplanet.wordpress.com/2007/07/23/inflammatory-breast-cancer/

Susan Niebur leaves behind a husband and two boys, ages 4 and 6.

DON'T BE AFRAID, BE INFORMED!

No comments:

Post a Comment